Thursday 13 February 2014

The Leaning Tower of Pisa

We had a long, tiring debate on whether we should head to Pisa for a day trip. Needless to say, we went ahead in the end. We are the sorta couple who hates looking back and regretting not doing this or saying that. It can be quite irritating at times, especially when we eventually do regret on something, there's always this empty, awkward feeling in your heart that you know can not be filled easily again. If you get what I mean...

Pisa is quite a small city in Tuscany. 






We headed there just to take a picture with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. When you arrive at that attraction, what you will see is a row of people doing the same action, which is really quite a funny sight. Everyone was trying to pose with the tower, a pose which makes them look like they are holding onto the tower. And yeah you are right, us being typical Singaporeans, we joined the crowd too.





Sky was gloomy when we bought our tickets to climb up the tower and it was pouring heavily when we reached the peak.




In the Leaning Tower of Pisa.


This is a fisheye window.


The climb up was weird as the building was slanted.


Keith Haring mural.


Before I forget, I had a very bad encounter at Pisa. There were a lot of weird old men, what I would call "tikopeh", looking at me the whole time. I even heard one doing the whistle thing. I was really creeped out and scared since it was only the both of us. My dressing didn't attract any attention when I wore the exact the same thing in Rome, so it really made me wonder why. Anyway, it was really creepy and gross. 


If you are a cheese lover, Pisa is famous for their cheese fondue.


Authentic Italian food in Italy.




The tiramisu is more diluted as compared to the normal ones in cups.


Till the next Europe adventure.

& Here's wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!
May you find your happily ever after.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment