Tuesday 7 June 2016

New Zealand: Lake Matheson, Fox Glacier, Haast, Lake Hawea, Lake Wanaka (Day 6 to 8)

Day 6

Lovely cafe at Lake Matheson that was packed.



The highly raved about Lake Matheson, with the perfect reflection of the mountains, Mount Cook/Aoraki and Mount Tasman. The water has to be very still in order to see the reflection, it was drizzling when we arrived and the sky was gloomy, such a pity. The walk took about 1 hour and 30 minutes.




Settled our dinner at The White Pub Cafe, we had lamb chop.


Checked into our accommodation at Mt Cook View Motel for NZD $157, we had a view of Mount Cook from our window.

Day 7

The weather has been really cranky since we have arrived. We woke up real early for this. Arrived at the Fox Glacier at 6am.


You can't tell but we were freezing! Remember to wear boots/shoes that are water proof, we had to cross a few streams that were really shallow.


We were determined to climb up and when we were halfway there, it started to pour. In the end, we got totally drenched from head to toe, but it was worth it.



After a hot shower, we started making our way to Lake Hawea, which will take approximately 4 hours. 
 We stopped by the Haast visitor centre and this picture was taken right outside the window.


Haast blue pools, but it doesn't look so blue afterall.





Day 8

On the road again and we found this deserted spot with the perfect backdrop. We had a little picnic here.


 
When I saw this lake, I was incredibly awed. We stood there just admiring this view. Look at that beautiful shade of blue! 

I remember telling the boy, "Actually New Zealand isn't as nice as Switzerland, the scenery in Switzerland makes me go wow (especially in Engelberg)." However, you could say Lake Hawea totally changed my view. From then on, the scenery just got better & better. I must admit that I prefer the South as compared to the North.


My personal favourite out of all the hotels, Lake Hawea Hotel for NZ$180.90. Affordable and fantastic.

View right outside my room, I could get used to this. 


 It's a loft concept, I love it. The place was squeaky clean too, another plus point! I would totally recommend this hotel. 



Addicted to the hokey pokey flavour ice cream.


Took a short drive to Wanaka, walked around the city.

The famous instagram tree.
That lone tree at Lake Wanaka.


Ohh what fun, a dinosaur playground!



I was blown away (literally), but pretty backdrop calls for an ootd.


Hey beautiful, you've stolen my heart away.

No comments:

Post a Comment