Tuesday 27 February 2018

Stockholm, Sweden


Boarded a bus from the where the cruise docked to Comfort Hotel Stockholm. Blue skies to welcome us as we arrived in Stockholm.




Golden hour in its full glory.




As we were crossing this bridge, Jay Chou's song started playing in my head.



The sunset there is on a whole different level.






Watching the world go by from the Grand Palace, we also saw the guards marching by.



We found another Christmas Market at Gamla Stan. You have no idea how happy I was.


These were the best pancakes I've eaten. Actually they were really thin and crispy. We had blueberry chocolate toppings. So much goodness!



Another dinner date with the husband. I had pork cheeks and he had trout.


This stall makes me so happy. Carnival feels.


Moon hanging in the sky, but we were still exploring this bustling city.


Sweet treats for you?


Day two in Stockholm, let's go! Taking the train around today.


Swaggin' it up on the neverending escalators.


While waiting our cruise around the city, I took some #ootd shots, b'cuz that the first ever white pants I've purchased.





We had an hour to kill, so we walked around to take some photographs.


We did a boomerang shot here and that's the first time the boy learnt about boomerang haha.


On the cruise.


Now, let's start with breaking the ice (quite literally).


We decided to go to Skansen. It is the oldest open-air museum in the world and the Stockholm Zoo is also inside and it has animals native to Scandinavia. My first time to an open-air museum!




There was also a local bakery inside where we tried their fresh bread just baked from the ovens.


It was a gloomy day, there wasn't much people around too, so I have to admit, the place gave me chills.



It was hauntingly beautiful though. It was like we were experiencing our own adventure in a haunted place.


This is a playground, not your usual playground haha. 


The stables.


Dilapidated house and icy waters.


We saw animals like cows, seals, guinea pigs, etc.



First sighting of an elk too.


And of course, reindeers!


Skansen was huge, but I kept hurrying the boy to leave before it gets dark b'cuz I'm a scaredy cat. I would totally recommend it though.


Waffles with nutella, not too amazing.


We had these sausages two nights in a row b'cuz they were two thumbs up. It's at Gamla Stan's Christmas market. The store owner owns both this stall and the cotton candy store that I was very excited about. After our supper, we went back to our hotel to crash.


Day three in Stockholm, we went to explore the morning markets.


There wasn't much though and it was packed. We managed to purchase couple adidas shoes that day. Actually, I got mine in men's design haha. I actually spotted many utensils and stuffs for the home that I really liked, but they were really pricey.




Goodnight Stockholm, you've been amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment