Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sweetest Escape

It's like meeting your lover for the first time, with your heart in your mouth and butterflies in your tummy. That was exactly what it was. It was a long 7 hour flight, and even though it wasn't my first time flying by myself, there was still a part of me that felt pretty lost. Perks was that I boarded the aircraft SQ A380 and was seated on top, the seats were huge and there was plenty of leg room and even a mini compartment for me to store my stuffs by the window. A mixture of excitement, nervousness and exhaustion all at once. To my horror, there were so many babies on board that night and I probably had only an hour of sleep throughout the flight.

If you didn't already know, the boy left for UK to study for nine months a few years back. It was the first time I was finally meeting him again in London, even though he has only been there for 3 months, but I will never ever forget that feeling. Prepping myself up in the airplane washroom, feeling my heart thump faster as I glance around to spot him waiting for me at the arrival hall. A tinge of shyness, as if it was our first time meeting, and an overwhelming feeling of happiness. Gave him a huge bear hug when I saw him as I was stuck at the custom for about an hour. Finally safe in the arms of my loved one.

I must say, it was one of the best feelings ever.















Travelled to Stonehenge, which was freezing cold with all that wind, but greeted with such a lovely sunset. There were sheeps roaming around the grass nearby too.

No comments:

Post a Comment